…As Sue Fox contemplates the structure & meaning of semi-retirement, Textile Dream Studio (TDS) is experiencing a transitional period…
Here’s what’s happening currently at TDS:
Sue Fox (aka: FoxDreams Quilting & Design) is taking a break from Long-arm Quilting for hire & is NOT currently teaching Long-arm Machine classes.
Hello Stitch Studio in Berkeley is highly recommended for their Long-arm Quilting Service– and for classes & rental time on their Innova Long-arm Quilting Machine.
This impressive member-based Community Sewing Studio offers great classes in all types of sewing, available to members and non-members alike. (hellostitchstudio.com)
Silk & Salvage is a new partnership between quilt-makers Sue Fox and Julia McLeod. We are exploring, making, and teaching about quilts that are made using Silk fabrics, as well as with Salvaged Materials of all sorts. For more info, check our web-page: silkandsalvage.com.
(Full new Silk & Salvage website launches in October!)
• See several of our Silk & Salvage Quilts at Pacific International Quilt Festival, held at the Santa Clara Convention Center during the weekend of October 11, 12, 13 & 14. (quiltfest.com)
• We’ll be the featured artists at the Petaluma Quilters Guild meeting on February 5th, 2019, with a lecture at 7PM. (petalumaquiltguild.org)
• We’ll be the featured artists at the East Bay Heritage Quilters Guild in February 2019, with 2 classes (on Saturday the 23rd & Monday the 25th), and a lecture on Monday Feb. 25th at 7PM. (ebhq.org)
• See several of our Silk & Salvage Quilts at SFQG’s “Quilt San Francisco 2019”, held at St Mary’s Event Center in San Francisco on Friday & Saturday, March 22nd & 23rd, 2019. (sfquiltersguild.org)
• “The 12×12 Challenge” will begin its 8th season in March 2019. This year-long activity of 13 monthly meetings, runs through March of 2020. The Challenge focuses on developing one’s creative art practice, and is open to women (working in any/all media) who are ready to commit to making 12 pieces in 12 months –with the finished dimensions of each piece being 12” x 12”.
In this group, facilitated by Sue Fox, each monthly meeting features individual Art Share and dynamic group discussion topics reflecting creative practice and practicalities.
Interested in learning more? Send us an email with subject line: “12×12 Challenge.” Online registration opens in October. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Our highly anticipated new TDS website launches in October and much will be revealed…! To join our general TDS newsletter sign up here: